Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Beggin' Remix Rough Draft. Valli meets Mane One



Last time I saw Poe, he asked me if I had the Frankie Valle. I was thinking in my head, Big Girls Don't Cry? Walk Like A Man? Can't Take My Eyes Off of You? Hahah. After that jam I DJ'd, I researched some Frankie Valle tracks that I wasn't familiar with. Beggin' was the only logical song that sounded like a bboy type track. It didn't sound like the other pop type songs Frankie Valle and The Four Seasons sung. But it didn't sound like a great bboy track either. It was so so, mainly because of the funk drums. I couldn't really hear them that well. But I can understand how a bboy could see that this was a bboy track. I added some of my own drums, and amplified piano sounds. I'm still in the stages of piecing it together and getting my ideas down. Just wanted to share what I have so far. Let me know what you think. It's okay to give me a verbal beat down with constructive criticism, I won't cry , give up, or get mad about it like most.:)
Mane meets Valli BEGGIN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,

I like your mix. Have you seen the Pilooski re-edit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvjRNYqV4ds

Mike Evans said...

To my knowledge Pilooski was the first one to flip this. That's usually what bboy are talking about. It was sometime last year.

Madcon also raps on the track Beggin', some like that version.

Lemme check out yours as well,
thanks.

Mike Evans said...

I like it. Good.

The transition at 1:50-1:51 is a little rough and the drums can get repetitive after multiple listens.

Thanks
Peace